This recipe, from tasty-yummies.com, will make 12 mini-tarts:
Directions for the shells:
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊ F.
- Line 12 cups in a muffin tin with paper liners (you could also use greased mini tart pans).
- In a large bowl, add all of the crust ingredients and mix very well. Use your hands!
- Add the crust mixture to the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cup using your knuckles, going up the sides a bit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then place the pan in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the tarts and serve. You can make the tart shells the night before and keep them in the fridge until ready to serve.
Directions for the filling:
- Drain the soaked cashews and add them to your food processor.Process until they begin to break down.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil, and process until you have a smooth paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
Directions for the whipped coconut cream:
- Make sure that your can of coconut milk is well chilled. I recommend keeping it in the fridge overnight.
- Open the can of coconut milk carefully, keeping it level. There will be a firm, waxy layer of coconut cream that’s solidified on top. Carefully scoop this off into a chilled glass bowl. You can discard or keep the leftover coconut water – it’s great added to smoothies.
- Using a mixer, whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy, with soft peaks. Mix in your maple syrup and vanilla, if you are using. Place the whipped coconut cream back into the fridge until you are ready to use.
- This may be more than what you need for all 12 tarts, but it will keep for several days covered in the fridge. Try it in coffee!
Assembling the tarts:
Gently remove the tart shells from the tins, and remove the paper liners from the shells. Fill each shell with a big spoonful of the pumpkin filling and a dollop of whipped coconut cream. Sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon and serve immediately.